Moving a patient with a disability or limited mobility to and from a bed, chair or wheelchair can be painful for the caregiver and dangerous for their loved one. Although a fixed ceiling lift is a reliable solution, safely and gently lifting an individual from a seated or sleeping position, it’s often a permanent one, requiring tracks to be installed in each room of the patient’s home.
While your loved one may have limited mobility, that doesn’t mean they aren’t still active! They want to move freely throughout their home, and travel with family and friends. For those who still want to hit the open road, the AP-450 Portable Ceiling Lift from Handicare offers the flexibility and freedom to go anywhere the patient does.
Lightweight and compact, the AP-450 can be removed from one track and installed easily on another, whether it’s a permanent ceiling track in a different room of the home or a freestanding lift system that can be packed up for travel to a hotel, cottage or relative’s home.
The benefits of the AP-450 Portable Ceiling Lift
In addition to eliminating the need for multiple motors for different tracks, the AP-450 raises comfort and care to the next level by putting the latest technology and enhanced safety features in the hands of caregivers.
- Easily accessible controls – An integrated control panel on the AP-450 lets you raise and lower the patient while the full-featured hand control provides access to diagnostic information and control of the lift.
- Handset charger – Wherever you take the AP-450, you can keep it charged at all times by plugging the charging adapter into the hand control.
- Increased safety – Active tilt detection on the AP-450 alerts when the patient is in an incorrect lifting angle, providing increased safety to the caregiver and patient, one of the many safety features that make AP-450 a stand-out.
- Superhuman strength – The AP-450 has a lift capacity of up to 450 lbs offering a quiet, smooth lifting experience.
- Enhanced portability – Even though it’s one of the strongest motors on the market, the AP-450 weighs just 12.2 pounds, making it light enough to move from room to room or pack up to take on the road.
Learn how a ceiling lift can help you and your loved one regain your independence
The AP-450 does double duty with every lift, giving patients the freedom they long for and caregivers the confidence to safely get their family members where they need—and want—to be. To learn more about the advantages of a portable ceiling lift, contact the mobility experts at Handicare. We’ll help you determine your loved one’s biggest mobility needs and demonstrate how the AP-450 can solve your most pressing transport concerns wherever the two of you travel.