Many homeowners choose two-story houses for a variety of reasons, from better fuel efficiency to greater privacy. In the U.S. alone, single-family homes with two or more floors make up 58 percent of the housing market.
But what’s a great living arrangement for younger families doesn’t always fit our needs once we hit our golden years. Arthritis, hip or knee problems, and other physical disabilities associated with age can make climbing a flight of stairs to a master bedroom dangerous, impeding many seniors’ ability to move freely throughout their homes.
Instead of selling your two-story home or spending thousands to remodel your first floor to accommodate a new bedroom or bathroom, consider a Handicare 1100 Straight Stairlift. Built with seniors’ independence in mind, the 1100 offers a variety of benefits that allow you to age in place safely and comfortably:
- Options built for any home – Handicare knows every home is different and has constructed the 1100 so that it’s adaptable to any size or style of straight staircase. Best of all, the 1100 can be installed without major home renovations that hinder your daily activities.
- User-friendly technology – Because 50 percent of seniors live with arthritis or other joint problems, the 1100’s ergonomic joystick allows you to easily operate the stairlift. Two remote controls at the top and bottom of your staircase can send for your stairlift with one touch of a button. EasyGlide technology ensures an exceptionally smooth ride and gently slows down to a stop when the 1100 reaches its destination.
- Compact design and easy maintenance – We understand—your home is your castle, and the last thing you want is your stairlift to be the center of attention. The ultra slim profile of the 1100 folds up easily to maximize space, offers a modern look that matches any décor, and is simple to clean.
- Ready to go when you are – With the 1100’s Constant Charge feature, you never have to worry about your stairlift running out of steam. Your stairlift is continuously being charged anywhere on the track even when it’s not sitting at a charge point at the base or top of your stairs
- Upgradable features – If pain or mobility issues down the road impact your ability to maneuver the 1100 comfortably, your stairlift can be easily modified after installation with enhanced features, including a powered footrest and seat swivel. Giving you the flexibility to upgrade your 1100 whenever you need to.
There’s no reason to leave the home you love for a smaller home or assisted living facility because of one obstacle in your way! The team at Handicare can give you full access to your house and your family peace of mind that you’re moving from floor to floor safely. Contact Handicare today to learn more about the 1100 Straight Stairlift and how it can help you get your independence and confidence back!
Want to learn more? We’re excited to share our press release.